M.Sc Applied Psychology is a professional postgraduate programme focusing on understanding the complexity of human behaviour and how a person responds variedly in a wide variety of situations. This programme fits to emerge as a field of social science for modifying the lifestyles and behavioural pattern of an individual. The students undergoing post graduation in applied psychology will be able
- To get equipped with the advanced level of knowledge and skills in the field of psychology in order to become a Professional in the fields of Clinical, Industrial, Counselling and School Psychology.
- To pursue higher education in the field of clinical psychology; Become a psychologist in clinical / industrial area; Get employed as counselors at various rehabilitation centres, community and mental health centres.
Distinctive Features Of M.Sc Applied Psychology
- A State of the Art Infrastructure for Psychology Laboratory inclusive of large space, more than 100 psychological test materials to work upon and the seating facility to have professional one to one interaction between the Experimentor and the Subject;
- A session will be arranged thrice a week to give exclusive coaching for NET / SET aspirants at the department beyond the teaching hours.
- The department ensures organizing an Invited Talk / Student Seminar at PG Level to provide them an exposure to the practical application of the concepts discussed in psychology.
- There is an exclusive forum dedicated for discussing research activities called “Psy Research Forum”.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- Core Project: Social Development
- Elective: Psychopathology / Psychotherapy
- Practical Lab: MS Office Automation
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Cognitive Psychology
- Psychological Assessment: Practical I
- Core Project: Case Analysis
- Psychodiagnostics/ Psychology of Exceptional Children
- Practical Lab: SPSS
- Counselling Skills and Techniques
- Organizational Behavior
- Psychological Assessment: Practical Ii
- Core Project: Internship
- Indian Psychology / Sports Psychology
- Practical Lab: Counselling Role Play
- Neuro Psychology
- Training and Development
- Behavior Modification
- Core Project: Major Research Project
- Health Psychology/ Positive Psychology
- Practical Lab: Professional Skills