Curriculum Development is the cornerstone of any formal education process and Curriculum Development Cell is an essential component of an autonomous college to design and implement the curriculum. The Curriculum Development Cell (CDC) was established in the academic year of 2018-19 to devise course schemes, syllabi, and teaching methodologies for execution in the college. CDC works as a catalyst in the continuous process of design and development of curriculum structure and course development leading to provide an updated and relevant education to the learning community.
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College (STC) focuses on teaching and assessing for learning by designing curriculum backwards, concentrating on the desired end-results first. The Curriculum Development Team uses well-established industry standards and competency frameworks to ensure all curriculum and individual courses are targeted to deliver the specific skills and characteristics required for career success of the enrolled students. Additionally, our courses aim to prepare the students for progress in education to respond to the imperative of grooming them for diverse representation in research to participate in nation-building exercise. The principles involved as pictured below serves a reference point to ensure that the curriculum development process is iterative which allows any revision and enhancement of course content. The diagram below captures the essence of our philosophy and displays the process involved in a typical curriculum design, both at UG and PG Levels.
● To ensure uniformity across various curricula of all disciplines by providing an outline of curriculum structure and format
● To offer the student community have holistic education for assured professional and personal life
● To implement Outcome-Based Education for all the programmes and ensure the timely attainment of Course Outcomes and Programme Outcomes
● To inculcate courses focused on gender studies, professional ethics, and environmental sustainability
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● To collect feedback from the stakeholders to identify opportunities in upgrading the curriculum and syllabi.
● To aid the BOS Chairpersons in drafting a syllabus with the utmost quality
● To collaborate with the Controller of Examinations in drafting the regulations related to the conduction of and internal assessments and end semester examinations.
● To draft the outline/structure of BOS meeting minutes with adequate annexures
● To create feedback questionnaires for the stakeholders and circulate the feedback received to concerned BOS Chairpersons for analysis and necessary action
● To facilitate the implementation of Choice Based Credit System [CBCS] through the introduction of interdisciplinary courses such as Non-Major Electives [NMEs] at the undergraduate level and Inter-Disciplinary courses [IDCs] at the postgraduation level
● To promote the completion of a minimum 2 SWAYAM / NPTEL or any other MOOCs by the students within the stipulated time
● To facilitate the process of Credit Transfer for the PG students in their curriculum
● To aid the Academic Council Committee in the smooth conduct of the Academic Council meeting
1. Standardized Curricula for all disciplines incorporating Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS)CDC - MEETING MINUTES (13/05/23)CDC - MEETING MINUTES (28/07/23)
2. Internships for both UG and PG students
3. Subject Experts from both industry and other premier educational institutions are involved to make up-to-date curricula
4. Alumni, Students, Parents and Faculty are satisfied
5. Students are equipped for progression both in education and employment
6. Students completing MOOC Courses and other Industry-specific certifications