CENTRE FOR COUNSELLING AND GUIDANCE (CCG)
Being innovative is the hallmark of STC and because of which the brand-equity of the institution stands high in the minds of the students academic circle and the general public.
One such innovation is the establishment of the "Centre for Counselling and Guidance" which started functioning from October 2008 under the able guidance of Dr. Janetius who has been appointed as the director of the centre.
The centre stands to provide care and support for students and staff in their personal or social, academic and career development and prepares confidence, challenge taking, responsive and matured individuals who can fit into academic and professional atmosphere well. The centre is slowly emerging as a wonderful supporting service to the students and faculty in need, and thus involve in shaping mature individuals with a broad spectrum of social outlook.
* Direct individual and group counselling for students and staff
* Testing and assessment to assist students and faculty
* Motivation for academic achievement and professional success
* Regular seminar/workshop for students and faculty
* Student empowerment programs and personality development programs
* Research activities in the field of education, psychology and mental health
* Outreach program for social welfare
Director- Dr. Janetius B.A., B.Th., M.A., M.Sc., (Guidance and Counselling), Ph.D.(Counselling Psychology from De La Salle University, Philippines)
His experience is vast
* Worked in Ethiopia under UN Development Programme
* Director and psychotherapist in a Counselling Centre in India
* Senior Lecturer in De La Salle University, Philippines
* Visiting professor to Australia
* Member of American Counseling Association; American Psychological Association